Thanks to the support of Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) Alumni Association, IITE Institute is pleased to announce Shape Your World, two months entrepreneurship training program for the Somali youth.
This training will teach the Somali youth to look at the world through the lens of problem discovery and problem-solving. They’ll explore problems that they see in their life and in the world and evaluate their potential for entrepreneurial innovation. They’ll iterate toward solutions that are just right. As they do that, they will become user innovators.
What will you learn?
Using the edX platform, the participants will take MIT’s You Can Innovate: User Innovation & Entrepreneurship course. They’ll specifically learn:
- Understand fundamental user innovation concepts such as lead user, sticky information, peer-to-peer diffusion, diffusion via the market, and low-cost innovation niche;
- Apply the concept of the lead user to identifying numerous opportunities for entrepreneurial innovation;
- Learn the concept of “solution/need co-forming” and apply it to conceiving a viable and feasible solution to the problem that you seek to solve;
- Learn the tools and strategies of entrepreneurial bootstrapping, and apply them to designing the strategy for diffusing your user innovation;
- Explore the trends and forces driving the democratization of innovation and apply the insights to uplifting the potential of your entrepreneurial contribution to society.
If you’re interested in joining the course, please apply it HERE.
Note: the program is now closed for applications.