IITE InstituteCoaching & Mentorship
Learn IDEO approach to human-centered design for social innovation.
Human-centered design (HCD) is a creative approach to problem-solving pioneered by the design firm IDEO.
This is an intensive, hands-on learning experience that will challenge you to get out of your chair and out into the real world to talk to people and test your ideas. You’ll leave this experience equipped and energized to apply the human-centered design process to challenges across industries, sectors, and geographies to generate breakthrough ideas.
What You’ll Learn
- Master the 4 steps of the human-centered design process to create innovative solutions to real-world challenges
- Build an effective interview guide to learn and document your use research
- Gain strategies for synthesizing your user research and identifying opportunities for design
- Practice creative techniques to build rapid prototypes and make your ideas come to life
- Learn to effectively test your prototypes with real users and identify promising solutions to begin implementing
- 5 reading guides
- 5 workshop guides to structure your own human-centered design project
- 7 videos featuring Tim Brown, David Kelley, Patrice Martin of IDEO, and more
- Supplemental resources
Section 1: Introduction to Human-Centered Design
Section 2: Inspiration Phase
Section 3: Ideation Phase
Section 4: Prototyping Phase
Section 5: Implementation Phase